Job Number: BEL003
Date posted: 25 Oct 2017
Preferred start date: 01 Dec 2017
Application closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Employment type: Full-time
- Preparation and reporting of accounting and financial data related to Manufacturing Operations;
- Manufacturing cost accounting involving investigation, analysis of costs and variances, follow up and reporting, including structured monthly reports, capex analysis and factory project accounting;
- Maintains and is responsible for budgeting and cost control using agreed company cost investigation methods;
- Implements and maintains standardized reports for inventory, labour and waste variance, service and quality;
- Drive accountability for adherence to standard practice back to the management team to ensure the provision of accurate information and the appropriate use of reports prepared for the business;
- Stock take follow-up and analysis; and preparation, evaluation and reconciliation of stock takes;
- Raw Material and WIP reporting (including aging)
- Assist Management team in interpretation and analysis of factory activity;
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Oversight of factory controls over production, inventory management and cost management;
- Ensuring full compliance with Finance SOP’s like Monthly End Processes, cut off procedures, stock count procedures; ? Leading and managing the Factory Accounting team;
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Developing reports and interpreting cost drivers, KPI’s and benchmarks.
- Reconciling the management accounts to financials on a monthly basis.
- Providing financial assistance and training to Line Managers,
- AD-hoc financial duties as and when required.
- B.Com (Acc)
- CIMA Qualification would be advantageous
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in an FMCG Company, preferably with exposure to cost/factory accounting
- Must have an understanding of product costing using an ERP system, in a manufacturing environment
- Must have detailed knowledge and experience in standard costing
- Knowledge and experience related to supply chain and manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of MS Office and ERP experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have an understanding of the financial impact of transactions on the business and its customers;
- A high level of numeracy;
- The ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way;
- Professionalism and commitment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- IT proficiency;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff;
- A lively and enquiring mind with a logical approach to work, combined with analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet stringent deadlines;
- Organised & structured ways of working.