Job Number: BRY300418.2
Senior Supply Planner
Date posted: 30 Apr 2018
Preferred start date: 01 Jun 2018
Application closing date: 14 May 2018
Employment type: Full-time
– Product supply planning and production scheduling (Twinsaver, Validus, Sylko, 3PM):-
- Production planning and finished goods supply planning weekly using systems and tools for the next planning horizon (Short Term (3 Months), Mid Term (6 months) and Long Term 2 years);
- Liaise with Demand Planning team on demand changes and effecting changes to supply plans on any key risks and opportunities arising from Marketing initiatives, Market trends (Export and Domestic);
- Weekly and monthly Management meetings reporting on Supply challenges;
- Liaise with the production teams on productions scheduling and optimizing production so that maximum output is achieved based on optimized planning wheels;
- Drive schedule adherence with the Plant Managers, and assist manufacturing sites to ensure that PTP meets the required targets set per production line. Report deviations against production plans daily & weekly.
– Material supply planning and expediting (Twinsaver, Validus, Sylko):-
- Material and packaging supply planning weekly using systems and tools for the next planning horizon (Short Term (3 Months), Mid Term (6 months) and Long Term 2 years);
- Liaise with Demand Planning team on demand changes and effecting changes to material and packaging supply plans on any key risks and opportunities arising from Marketing initiatives, Market trends (Twinsaver, Validus and Sylko products);
- Weekly and monthly management meetings reporting on material and packaging supply challenges after reconciliations between production output, demand changes and potential customer service issues (OOS, low inventory levels);
– Drive monthly Supply S&OP (Step 3) reviews with key stakeholders and functions (Management, Finance, Demand Team, Procurement, Customer Service Team and Production Team):-
- Generate demand vs supply reports per manufacturing site prior to meeting, including supply constraints and gaps for presentation and discussion in the meeting.
- Each risk / potential issue includes impact on business and what if scenarios to drive constructive discussions in the Step 3 S&OP meeting, the outcome is proposal to the business including business impact to be reviewed in the Management review meeting (Step 5) S&OP).
- Shift patterns with optimized production scheduling over the next quarter are presented to the team and any financial implications are highlighted.
- Info from demand team is analyzed and consolidated in the above information pack; same information is also used in the normal weekly planning cycle.
– Weekly meetings to drive optimized production plans, material supply target achievement and customer service includes:
- Meetings with raw material planners / inbound warehouse managers to mitigate any risk on material / packaging supply from future production;
- Out of stock meeting – evaluating potential out of stock items, Under/Over forecasting and potential impact on short term production cycle, raw material and packaging constraints are also discussed.
– Data and system Maintenance:-.
- Review & improve accuracy of BOMs;
- Review & update inventory parameters;
- Identify areas of improvement and manage such projects.
- Participate in projects within the Twinsaver Group, and is a key member in all NPD projects;
- Drive achievement of Kpi’s i.e. schedule adherence, material availability, production plan effective ness etc. and optimize the information available from the supply planning system to provide insights to the business and key stakeholders, and drive an optimum integrated business planning system;
- Ensure the demand planning cadence is following timeously every month to ensure the demand number is rolled up monthly to deliver on business targets;
- Ensure commitment from all functions, build and maintain good communication and collaboration both within Supply Chain and with Marketing, Manufacturing and Finance, according to the Monthly IBP cycle;
- Managing the risk of Obsolete/Slow moving stock in the business with key stakeholders;
- Developing a process to gather, quantify and manage assumptions and effectively execute on a weekly / monthly basis;
- Service level reporting and ensuring service levels are maintained by managing orders or alerting sales team if sales demand cannot me met.
- 3 Year commercial degree / diploma, preferably in Commerce / Supply Chain or related qualification
- CPF or CPIM will be advantageous
- Code 8 drivers licence
- At least 4 to 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Environment with exposure to:
- Supply Planning;
- Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting;
- Production planning and MRP principles;
- Experience in FMCG / Retail environment an advantage;
- Understanding of business, markets and competition.
Skills and Competencies
- Focus on results through quality and safety awareness, managing work, planning and organizing, decision making and building partnerships;
- Express potential through adaptability, initiating action, applied learning, work standards, impact and stress tolerance;
- Interact effectively through communication, building trust and strategic working relationships, managing conflict, negotiation, gaining commitment and sales
- Ability to work under pressure as well as to apply prioritization abilities;
- Display leadership ability;
- Ability to deliver insights to the business and attention to details;
- Building relationships with both the Commercial team & Supply Chain team;
- Assertiveness in driving for business understanding and results;
- Inspiring others to action, follow-up and facilitating change;
- Understanding of planning systems and statistical modelling;
- Attention to detail
- Confident, persuasive, assertive