Job Number: BRY081018a
Date posted: 09 Oct 2018
Preferred start date: 01 Nov 2018
Application closing date: 19 Oct 2018
Employment type: Full-time
- Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within the supply base.
- Conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
- Under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing Manager, develops and executes category sourcing strategies, including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Assists with development and implementation of business plans, performance goals and metrics for each assigned category. Collaborates with Operations, Supply Chain and others as required to develop and execute cross-functional sourcing opportunities.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices.
- Collaborates on inventory control, including lifecycle of product, and assists in project management of all sourcing activities. Opportunities to reduce product costs to be researched and suggestions made.
- Drives tracking and reporting for assigned spend areas.
- Assists with tracking mechanics and supplier key performance indicators with Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Performs data analysis and modelling on the assigned spend categories.
- Participates in weekly review meetings with cross-functional teams to manage category performance.
- Assists with the management of category performance by adhering to internal Savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met. Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of defined strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics or Procurement or Commerce
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a similar role in a Manufacturing environment, preferably in the Pulp, Paper and Packaging Industries.
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices.
- Experience in supplier negotiations and developing/executing sourcing strategies.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in negotiating strategic contracts.
- Experience in collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within and out of South Africa).
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.