Job Number: BRY008
Southern Africa Distributor Manager
Date posted: 16 Apr 2018
Preferred start date: 01 May 2018
Application closing date: 23 Apr 2018
Employment type: Full-time
- Accountable for achieving the agreed Price, Volume, and Mix KPI’s for Southern Africa.
- Establish & implement detailed Country Business Plans by Distributor, detailing must-win-battles, activity plans and programs, core objectives, sales budgets in value and volume, budgets, category insights, spend & account profitability, thereby ensuring that the Country targets are met. Country plans should align to business strategies, customer strategy and customer segmentation.
- Negotiate all annual confidential Sales and Distribution agreements with our Distributor Partners, including co-op advertising, promotional spends, and promotional grids.
- Analyse and draw conclusions, scenarios and insights from available market data such as in Country information and Customer POS data where available, and application of this data to key internal and external stakeholders is an imperative to establish thought leadership in the market.
- Internal reporting & monitoring of price file for all product items for the respective Distributors, to manage this against business objectives. Being aware of competitor frequency and depth of promotion and balancing market information with internal profitability and Revenue to meet targets while being on price strategy.
- Communication of ATL marketing activities & implementation of BTL links at Country level to keep the Distributors aware of all marketing activities & aid in achieving sales volumes. This includes ensuring that POSM is available to support the Distributors.
- Gaining incremental distribution of new product launches within the accounts to help achieve sales volumes & increase consumer penetration of the brand on a wider scale.
- Ensuring with the Distributor, shopper based shelving flow in all retail outlets with fair share of shelf.
- Find win-win resolution and drive customer support of TSG brands.
- Drive profitable TSG share growth within each category (Improved NSV/ton and increased share).
- In conjunction with the Distributor, increasing distribution of product lines via developing an understanding for the customer’s store profile & ensuring with the Distributor that the correct products are listed and ranged for the correct clusters and stores.
- Timeous and accurate management of all general administration.
- Awareness & reporting of competitor launches & promotional activity to keep all sectors within our business informed & updated.
- Regular Country visits with the Distributor, presenting performance to date & opportunities and business priorities going forward as well as auditing in store performance against an agreed scorecard. Ensuring quality and on time provision of priorities and tools to the Distributor.
- Management of the Distributor to ensure implementation of POP strategies in the accounts outlets.
- Drive strong Joint Business Plans with the Distributor and measure progress versus goals via a scorecard on a regular basis with the Distributor.? Where applicable with the Distributor ensuring retailer compliance to trade terms and driving increased year on year value via trading terms agreements. Ensuring on time payment and good claims and invoices management to maximise cash flow.
- Driving best ROI activities for TSG.
- Ensure fair share of feature versus key competitor in each retailer.
- Ensuring monthly reporting of Country Performance from the Distributor against agreed KPI scorecard and that agreed actions are taken to rectify performance.
- Relevant Sales / Marketing degree or Diploma
- Any business related diploma / courses
- FMCG experience
- Minimum 5 years National account management. Proven track record dealing with Modern Retail customers.
- Distributor Management in Southern Africa would be an advantage.
- Computer Literate (MS Office, PowerPoint)
- Balance the demands & strategic direction of the account portfolio with the goals & strategic direction of the TWINSAVER Group, in order to develop business both mutually & profitably.
- Spend quality, value-add time working with individual Distributors or trading contacts.
- Key negotiations around new listings, promotional activity & distribution changes to existing products. Should also have working knowledge from a trading perspective of supply, marketing & sales operations (3rd party distributor).
- Responsible for reporting all pricing & promotional information for the individual Distributors/Country. Delivery versus price strategy on blended price index and feature share.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal departments including Field sales, Marketing, and Customer Marketing, Demand planning, Supply & Finance.
- The role involves a large degree of working under pressure, as well as the need to make considered & sound decisions quickly.
- Develop a fundamental understanding for financial issues including product costings, margins, customer mark ups/margins, RSP’s
- Channel and Account tracking (volume – price – mix)
- Brand tracking
- ROI analysis
- Trade Expenditure [TE]
- Operating Expenses
- Retailer financials and margin
- TSG profitability
- Collaborative Programs with Strategic Partners
- Category “Thought Leaders”
- Depth of Distribution/ranging per respective Key Accounts
- New Business Opportunities, Listings & speed to shelf
- POP Activation and POS Utilisation
- Fair share of frequency of promotion versus key competitor
- Competitor price changes translating to price strategy implementation
- Strong leadership skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Drive for Results/ Accountability
- Action Orientated
- Problem solving
- Decision quality
- Conflict management
- Priority setting
- Commercial Orientation
- Strategic Perspective
- Negotiation skills
- Budget planning and control
- Control and processes ability
- P&L understanding
- Demand & supply understanding
- Retail Financials understanding