Job Number: TSGBG 002
Category Manager: Facial Tissue, Roller Towel & Homecare
Date posted: 27 Aug 2019
Preferred start date: 01 Oct 2019
Application closing date: 06 Sep 2019
Employment type: Full-time
- Develop and deliver in-store activation plans through a comprehensive understanding of customer in-store media vehicles and their relative effectiveness and ROI. Recommend optimal use of the Trade Marketing budget.
- Develop and provide customers with solid trade stories which drive thought leadership and category stories.
- Development and implementation of annual channel strategies by category to achieve the annual budget.
- Develop superior value propositions using shopper and category insights.
- Build category management recommendations in terms of best practice. Own the action plan for shelving interventions across retailers and deliver guidance and tools to reach shelving targets and guidelines.
- Deliver strong clear guidelines and tools for operations teams and sales and merchandising teams and drive excellence of execution of category plans.
- Build systems and methodologies to track performance (internal and external). Ensure reporting on category including customer share, distribution, shelving and promotions.
- Own delivery of annual, quarterly and monthly revenue and volume targets and gap and mitigation planning to achieve these.
- Attend key customer meetings as the category expert, further driving thought leadership
- Awareness of key business drivers and best ROI activities on the category and driving increased implementation of highest ROI activities.
- Deliver plans and ultimately against KPIs on branded portfolio and DOB
- Drive profitable TSG share growth within each category ( Improved NSV/Ton with share growth)
- Balance Volume, Price & Mix across skus and customers to deliver KPIs
- Marketing degree; post graduate would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in Customer Marketing within the FMCG industry trade, shopper and category management experience is essential.
- Experience presenting and engaging with retail buyers and category managers.
- Understanding of Sales and Marketing processes, principles and tools
- Good understanding of category management process, principles and tools.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel and powerpoint), Nielsen Answers, PnP Smartshopper, Shoprite Dunnhumby
- Understanding of space planning programmes (such as Intactix)is an advantage.
- Shopper and customer driven
- Analytical problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Ability to build strong selling stories utilizing complex data and insights.
- Effective communicator and leader.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Accountability, Passion and Flexible Mind-set