Job Number: PTA011
Date posted: 20 Mar 2019
Preferred start date: 02 May 2019
Application closing date: 31 Mar 2019
Employment type: Full-time
- Ensure all plant equipment is operating effectively and efficiently through the implementation and use of agreed Asset Maintenance strategies, systems, procedures and best practices
- Ensure the maintenance initiation, planning, scheduling and execution workflows (The Twinsaver Way) are adhered to at all times
- Ensure the Maintenance KPI Dashboard is updated daily, is correct and accurate.
- Ensure the Root Cause Failure Analysis process is followed and the tools are used effectively.
- Develop, implement and monitor planned (time-based) and predictive maintenance programmers.
- Prepare detail specifications for repairs to equipment and where equipment needs to be replaced. This information will be used for procuring services or equipment.
- Ensure the effective planning and execution of maintenance shut downs
- Ensure optimal mechanical and electrical support to production to minimize waste and equipment lifecycle costs.
- Ensure that the correct type & amount of spares are kept in stock to improve Plant availability whilst reducing Working Capital. Review stock (spares) items once per year to identify redundant items.
- Ensure that all redundant spares items are scrapped without delay.
- Ensure employee development and performance gaps are identified, discussed and corrected to improve overall maintenance staff capability
- Manage and Forecast maintenance expenditure relative to budget
- Continuously coach, develop and performance manage engineering, maintenance and engineering stores staff.
- Ensure equipment and processes are compliant with the OHSAct.
- Actively drive and support the Twinsaver Way and all other strategic programs e.g. Safety, Health and Risk, ISO 9001 & 14001 programs.
- Bsc / Btech in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance and projects in a FMCG manufacturing plant environment
- Training and practical experience in the principles of planned and predictive maintenance and at least three years management experience.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering fundamentals of both the mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- A very broad based and sound mechanical engineering background is essential
- Experience with heavy and light, high and low speed, rotating and stationary equipment, auxiliary and associated equipment
- PLC and Automation Systems programming
- Ability to read and develop mechanical, electrical and PID drawings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, Projects, Visio, including Autocad required
- Knowledge of all the legal requirements of the OHS Act and BCEA and other legal requirements
- A highly computer literate person (ERP/MRO/CMMS/MS Office) with excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- A person with high integrity and able to make decisions under pressure