Job Number: MB11012019
Mechanical Foreman Kliprivier
Date posted: 11 Jan 2019
Preferred start date: 01 Feb 2019
Application closing date: 22 Jan 2019
Employment type: Full-time
- Attend Daily Operations Meetings and together with production personnel ensure that the 24 hour operating window is secured by addressing priority equipment repairs.
- Plan and execute all breakdown repairs without delay.
- Support, impart knowledge, assign work and direct the maintenance artisans in executing planned and unplanned work.
- Partake in on site Safety Program and conduct regular safety talks, tool box inspection and ensure lifting equipment is inspected regularly.
- Ensure that all maintenance work is executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are performed to set quality standards without rework or abnormal downtime.
- Execute all scheduled corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance activities & ensure that the backlog target is met ( < 4 week)
- Develop Work Instructions for routine maintenance work. Train & audit artisans in this regard.
- Identify causes of equipment failures and repetitive repairs and agree corrective action with the plant engineer.
- Play an active role in processes aimed at maximizing equipment reliability & reducing the cost of maintenance.
- Ensure that work performed by external service providers are executed to the agreed standard.
- Ensure that safety risks are identified and agreed corrective measures implemented.
- Ensure direct reports and contractors work safely at all times and are compliant with Twinsaver safety requirements.
- Continuously coach, develop and performance manage all artisans.
- Actively drive and support all Twinsaver strategic programs e.g. Safety, Health and Risk, Asset Management, Vision and Values, ISO 9001 & 14001 programs.
- Direct the mechanical maintenance work force and provides on-site expertise
- Carries out standby duties as per standby procedures.
- Participate in maintenance shutdowns and Health & safety program.
- Trade Test (N6 minimum) in mechanical engineering
- 5 years or above solid heavy engineering plant maintenance experience, preferably in a continuous manufacturing process environment
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of tissue mills/pulp and paper plant operations will be an advantage