Job Number: KLIP19022019
SHE Officer – Bronkhorstspruit Copy
Date posted: 19 Feb 2019
Preferred start date: 01 Apr 2019
Application closing date: 28 Feb 2019
Employment type: Full-time
- Ensure compliance to the OHSAct and all regulations, local and national bylaws
- Contractor management: Ensure contractors comply with Twinsaver Safe System of work
- Ensure safe system of work maintained within the area of responsibility.
- Incident management: follow up / investigation support / lost time injury investigation / facilitation of corrective & preventative actions / incident recall
- Critical incident investigation, reporting (Lost time injuries / reportable / property loss, fire, theft)
- Risk Assessment: Ensure that site SHER risk assessment are completed and effectively communicated to all employees.
- Emergency Preparedness: Ensure emergency drills and evacuations are conducted and employees are familiarized with the emergency protocol
- Safety awareness/ toolbox talks are done
- Legal Register: Ensure that legal updates are communicated to site management
- Aspects & Impact Register: Ensure annual revision and communication of critical environmental aspects & impacts to employees and on site contractors
- Management Programs: Ensure that environmental management programs are developed for all high aspects & impacts / reviewed / updated and follow up
- Tertiary qualification an added advantage e.g. relevant qualifications: ND. Safety Management (NADSAM) / ND Environmental Health or equivalent
- Courses: Incident investigation, Risk assessment, Root Cause Analysis
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Safety: Legal requirements e.g. Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Environment: Legal requirements e.g. NEMA
- Risk: Twinsaver risk standards
- 5 Years demonstrated operational safety, health, environmental risk practical experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent management and leadership skills (planning, leading, organizing)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be effective and deliver results in a matrix reporting environment.
- Initiate action and Drive Accountability.
- Build and maintain relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good administrative and computer skills
- High assertiveness levels
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail